I Am Changing from Yahoo Bookmarks to Google Bookmarks
Yahoo Bookmarks used to be a well-working product, but nowadays I can't get the "search bookmarks" function to work. That's a problem if, like me, you've got a large number of bookmarks. I'm switching to Google bookmarks.
FYI, here's how to switch / migrate from Yahoo Bookmarks to Google Bookmarks:
- Go to Yahoo Bookmarks, sign in, click on "Tools" and export your yahoo bookmarks to and htm file.
- From Internet Explorer, choose File/Import and Export >> Import Favorites >> select the htm file name as the source file.
- At this point, all of your Yahoo Bookmarks have been imported to Internet Explorer.
- Install the Google toolbar to your IE if you don't already have it.
- Install the Google Bookmarks button on your Google Toolbar if it's not already there.
- Choose the Google Bookmarks button's drop down menu and select "Import IE Favorites."
- Select the bookmarks you'd like to import -- probably all of them -- and then click Import.
That's it. Have fun.