Your home page is the page that appears automatically when you start your browser. My Firefox's default home page is AOL. Now that AOL has merged with the hateful-extreme-ultra-liberal Huffington Post, I wanted to change to a different website for my home page. Accomplishing this change is very simple. I decided to make my blog my new home page, at http://jcleahy.blogspot.com/ . Here's how:
- From the Menu Bar at the very top of the screen, select "Tools"
- From the Tools drop-down menu, select "Options"
- In the "Home Page" space of the Options Window, just replace the address there with the address you want -- in this case http://jcleahy.blogspot.com/
- Click "OK" at the bottom of the Options Window.
That's it!!! Finished!!!!!!! It's as simple as steps 1-2-3, literally.
There is one variation you might find useful. Before you perform the 3 above steps, , GO to the website that you want as your new home page. Then, instead of typing in the address in the Options Window, just select "Use Current Page."
Microsoft Internet Explorer
If you have Internet Explorer, changing your home page is just as simple. Here are the steps:
- With Internet Explorer open, from the Menu Bar at the very top of the screen, select "Tools." This will bring up the Tools drop-down menu.
- In the the drop-down Tools menu, choose Internet Options. This will bring up the Internet Options window. Make sure you're on the "General" tab.
- In the Internet Options window, simply replace the displayed web address with the address you desire -- in this case http://jcleahy.blogspot.com/
- Click "Apply," then click "OK" at the bottom of the Internet Options window.
Support This Blog At No Cost To You !!!!!!!!!
Here's how to support this blog at no cost to you: Change your browser's home page to http://jcleahy.blogspot.com/ .(as outlined above). Then, whenever you want to go to Amazon for shopping, enter the Amazon website by clicking on any of the Amazon advertisements located within blog articles or at the bottom of each page in the blog. If you do this prior anything you buy from Amazon will result in a commission being paid to this blog -- at no cost to you. Even if your Amazon shopping cart is already full, just re-enter the Amazon website through this blog before checkout and the commission will apply to everything in your Amazon shopping cart. Thank you!