Friday, February 1, 2013

Myrtle Beach Vacation, January 25, 2013

JC Leahy


It's Friday Already!!!!!


I tossed around in bed last night until I finally fell asleep at 3 AM.  We slept until 10.  Dali made pancakes and fruit smoothie for breakfast.  I had 3 of the pancakes and a large glass of the smoothie.  As breakfast commenced, Dali received a mobile phone call from a co-worker.  She talked on the phone throughout breakfast.

We are going home TOMORROW!!!   I realized that my mental "vacation to-do" list was mostly un-done!

 We worked out in the gym. Then Dali went out. She does love to shop!  She took my post cards with her and mailed them.  The to-do list consumed a good part of my Friday.   I went into high gear on it.

First of all, I wrote some post cards to friends -- the ones that Dali took with her and mailed.  Then I renewed my Turbotax Pro software so it would be ready when I got home.  I had procrastinated on the Turbotax Pro software because it costs $800.  Then I pulled out the little tool kit I had brought, and a spare camera part. I repaired the film door latch on my Canon Élan IIE QD camera.  Yeah!!  I wasn't sure I could do that, but I tried and I succeeded!  I immediately called the photo supply company and ordered an identical spare part.  I have another Canon Elan IIE with the exact same problem, so I'll fix that one too at home.  (I might sell it on Ebay...after all, who needs 2 Canon Élan IIE's when what I really want is a decent digital SLR ?)  After that, I quickly organized some photographic slides and negatives into 3-ring-binder sleeves.  Next on the "to-do" list,  I transferred the contents of my aging wallet to a new wallet my mother gave me for Christmas 2 or 3 years ago, and threw the old one in the trash.  Then, for the first time, I attempted transfer of video from my old Sony Digital-8 to my computer via Firewire..  It worked like a charm.  (Great!  so now that Firewire is obsolete, I've learned how to use it!)  Now I know how to use lavalier microphones, regular microphones, and transfer video. (My only video failure of the week had been that my Muvee video editing software won't install on my laptop.  I later concluded that Muvee is not the best beginner's editing software to buy, and that Ulead Video Studio was a better alternative.)





We had dinner at the townhouse, worked out in the gym, and then packed and cleaned the townhouse in anticipation of departure tomorrow by the checkout deadline of 10AM.

TRAVEL IDEA: BEACH IN WINTER

No comments: